January 2020 Course Announcements and Coupons
In this course, I will be guiding you through the steps needed to create front-end web application test automation using WebdriverIO.
What we will cover:
- Preparing for automated testing. Who should do the automation and with what tools?
- Using open-source tools and applications in our testing tools include GIT, GITHUB, Node.js, Chrome Developer Tools, Visual Studio Code, Mocha, Chai, and WebdriverIO.
- Automating web applications interactions without a framework
- Using the Mocha unit testing framework to test your code
- Node.js and Chai assertions
- Coding standards with ESLint and Prettier
- Writing automated tests that interact with the most common web-application elements
- Adding validations to our tests
- Configuring tests to run against different browsers or test environments
- Using Allure reports to generate beautiful reports that include screenshots and videos
In the works
Since this is a new year I have a roadmap of courses that I plan to create. All courses are focused on testing and test automation.
Here are the planned courses that will be landing this year.
- Automating API tests with Karate DSL
- Testing for Accessibility on the web
- Automated web application testing using Cypress
More courses will come as I have time.
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter, at the bottom of the site, to get notified when this course is released.
The coupon for December is ready.
Use coupon code JANUARY2020 to get any of my courses for a discounted price of $13.99.
Entry-level introduction to front-end web development and automated testing of a non-Angular app using Protractor.
- Build a simple front-end app
- Learn to use Protractor to test that app you just built
Introductory course on testing web applications.
- Learn a little about how web apps are built
- Build out a test suite using QA Touch
- Walkthrough testing several apps
Introductory course on REST APIs.
- Learn what an API is
- Use Postman to make requests
- Use Postman to test your requests
- Lots of assignments and activities to practice