My Favorite Screen Recording Software
Screen Recording Software
Being able to communicate to your audience comes in multiple forms. The written word, audio, and video. Video communication on the web has been increasing with the help of pioneers like YouTube, Twitch, and Udemy.
Why do I need a screen capturing application?
- tutorial videos on YouTube where visitors follow along as you build something cool
- gameplay videos on YouTube with your face in the corner of the screen
- recording your steps so that a developer can reproduce a bug you found
- capturing your screen for training videos
Note this post contains affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to use these links, but it helps to support this blog.
My favorite screen capture application is Screen-Cast-O-Matic. This tool is simple to use, lightweight, and works on both Windows and Mac OS.
Screen-Cast-O-Matic comes in free and paid versions.
- Record Screen and/or Webcam
- Record Window or Full Screen
- Zoom in While Recording
- Trim Recordings
- Save to Desktop or YouTube
Paid Features ($18 a year):
- All free features
- No Watermark
- Record longer than 15 minutes
- Full featured and easy to use video editor
I love this screen recorder. This is the only application that I use when recording my YouTube videos and courses on Udemy. The results are great and I have never been disappointed with the product.
Try out the free version today at Screen-Cast-O-Matic.